Wednesday 7 January 2009

Welcome India!



Jantar Mantar


Have been trying for ages to get photos on to the blog, but it isn't working. Luckily I managed to set a beautiful image of the arches of one of the buildings in the Red Fort. AND me next to the Janter Mantar.



After wandering through the streets, I decided to book a city tour for the next day. From this office I headed to this park with these ancient astronomical measuring constructions called Jantar Mantar. The buildings impresed me a lot for their shapes and colours.
Then I went hunting for toilet paper, for the hotel hadn't provided any(!). That wasn't at all easy. Finally, in another bazar I spied the precious item and bought some plus other stuff like water and biscuits...

Delhi is very cold - much colder than expected, and colder than usual for the locals... On the TV news they said a school was going to stay closed the next day, because the children should stay home in this cold weather - 8 degrees C.
Luckily Eva gave me a sleeping bag sheet, because otherwise I wouldn't have been confortable in the dirty bed!


My indian look in the hotel room



On the 2nd day I woke up with the alarm clock, just like at home..., to join the tourist bus. It was interesting and fun, but as all such tours we were running from one place to the next. I didn't really expect any thing different - now I know where I want to go for second views - at ease! And I discovered a very simple, but nice local restaurant where I went back to have dinner last night.



As soon as I can get my fotos uploaded, I shall tell you more about these magnificent places and monuments.


- Just managed to upload the two photos you can see. The rest will have to wait, for I want to get out of here - the internet den!




Now I'm off to Shankar Market, where I hope to buy myself a "suit" - a two piece with shawl dress. My Swiss clothes are all being used in layers against the cold and the strange looks!





.



No comments:

Post a Comment